Victron Energy LiFePO4 Battery 12.8V 50Ah Smart – BAT512050610
The Victron Energy 50Ah Smart Battery
- With integrated cell balancing
- Can be parallel and series connected
- Bluetooth app available to monitor cell voltage and temperature
- Requires one of these BMS-es:
VE.Bus BMS – recommended for systems with our inverter/chargers.
- smallBMS – recommended for use in small systems.
- Battery Management System BMS 12/200 – recommended for use in Automotive and Marine systems having DC-loads and Alternators.
- Smart BMS 12/200 – recommended for use in Automotive and Marine systems having DC-loads and Alternators.
- Smart BMS CL 12/100 – recommended for use in Automotive and Marine systems having DC-loads and Alternators.
- Lynx Smart BMS – recommended for use in large systems.
Features of the 50Ah Smart Battery
A lead-acid battery will fail prematurely due to sulfation:
• If it operates in deficit mode during long periods of time (i.e. if the battery is rarely, or never at all, fully charged).
• If it is left partially charged or worse, fully discharged (yacht or mobile home during wintertime).
A LFP battery does not need to be fully charged. Service life even slightly improves in case of partial charge instead of a full charge. This is a major advantage of LFP compared to lead-acid.
Other advantages are the wide operating temperature range, excellent cycling performance, low internal resistance and high efficiency (see below).
LFP is therefore the chemistry of choice for demanding applications.
In several applications (especially off-grid solar and/or wind), energy efficiency can be of crucial importance.
The round-trip energy efficiency (discharge from 100% to 0% and back to 100% charged) of the average lead acid battery is 80%.
The round-trip energy efficiency of a LFP battery is 92%.
The charge process of lead-acid batteries becomes particularly inefficient when the 80% state of charge has been reached, resulting in efficiencies of 50% or even less in solar systems where several days of reserve energy is required (battery operating in 70% to 100% charged state).
In contrast, a LFP battery will still achieve 90% efficiency under shallow discharge conditions.
Size and weight
Saves up to 70% in space
Saves up to 70% in weight
LFP batteries are expensive when compared to lead-acid. But in demanding applications, the high initial cost will be more than compensated by longer service life, superior reliability and excellent efficiency.
With Bluetooth cell voltages, temperature and alarm status can be monitored.
Very useful to localize a (potential) problem, such as cell imbalance.
The 50Ah Smart battery is equipped with Bluetooth and uses this to communicate with the VictronConnect app.
The VictronConnect app. can be used for:
• Monitoring the battery status
• Monitoring the battery voltage
• Monitoring the battery temperature
• To find out when the battery was last fully charged
• Monitoring the cell balancing status
• Monitoring the individual cell voltages
• To view or change the battery settings
• To update the battery firmware
Manufacturer Part Number
Battery Capacity (C20)
Right Hand Positive
Dimensions (Including Terminals)
H199 x W188 x D147mm
Country of Manufacture